Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Einstein And A Century Of Time

1. Sep 28, 2005 #1

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

In Volume 26, Number 6, November 2005 issue of European Journal of Physics, there is a special section dedicated to "Einstein and a Century of Time". There are several papers that discuss the historical issues of Einstein's work in SR and GR, and beyond...

These papers are available FREE for the first 30 days they appear online. So go to the IoP electronic journals website if you want a copy of these papers.

Zz.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 28, 2005 #2

pervect

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Thanks for the heads-up.

http://www.iop.org/EJ/toc/-ff30=all/-ffissn=0143-0807

seems to be the right link to the iop page for grabbing these articles.

ps - looks like you have to register - interestingly enough, someone else has already registered the account for "pervect".

Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  4. Oct 4, 2005 #3

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Since the journals are going to go POOF any day now, I will wait to add this to the list of experimental evidence for SR that I already have. But I will post the latest of a series of experimental results here.

Test of the Isotropy of the Speed of Light Using a Continuously Rotating Optical Resonator

S. Herrmann et al., PRL v.95, p.150401 (2005).

They have produced even a more stringent ceiling of the isotropy violation parameter from the Robertson-Mansouri-Sexl "test theory" to (-2.1±1.9)×10-10, an 8-fold improvement!

Zz.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?