Einstein was instrumental in the founding of the National Defense Research Committee (NDRC). One of its first big projects was electronic discrimination of accoustic signals - probably for submarine detection. I don't recall Einstein doing any of the work though.
"From 1941-1944, Professor Bergmann taught at Black Mountain College and at Lehigh University. From 1944-1947, he was engaged in war research on underwater sound at Columbia University and the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution"
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving