1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Einstein and the Atomic Bomb

1. Oct 27, 2003 #1
    Hello everyone I am new to PF actually this is my first thread. I am looking for the equation to see how far and how, the radiation from the Nuclear Blast using E=mc^2. Can anybody help???? Please[?]

Nicole

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 27, 2003 #2
    Could you be more specific?

4. Oct 29, 2003 #3
    You can use e=Mcc2 to calculate the force, but that's it. You cannot use this formula to calculate distance, shockwave, etc. There are many other variables to account for.

5. Oct 29, 2003 #4
    Actually what they wanted was about fallout radii, a school presentation, apparently.

They needed to know the types of radiation, the longevity of the radio activity, (as per emitter/emmissions) and the need to pay attention to the direction of the winds

6. Oct 31, 2003 #5

NateTG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Hit the library. There's published material for all of this information.

7. Oct 31, 2003 #6
    Humm, library? Humm, isn't that a lot like the internet? a big library with actual human intern'actions...

(wanted a fast(er)/easier reply??)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?