Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Einstein-bose condensate(sp?)

1. Nov 6, 2005 #1
    the faster an object, ill use electrons for now, so the faster an electron travels its mass increases? right? so it behaves more as a partical.... in the opposite case (because under say rtp it would be in motion therefore its mass slightly greater than its true mass) if it went slower it's mass will decrease(to its true mass) so it will behave more like a wave...
    so if you had a capillary tube with air particals in (and u had a small erm what do u call them, i forgot..like someting trapping the air in a column but it can move?) and cooled the gas down to 0k(wel as near as possible)...the electrons would be behaving as waves (would replusive forces be affected?..reduced?) since its a wave can it penetrate through the glass capillary tube? (can they escape as waves? or is that stretching it a little)
    would the protons also be behaving slightly more like waves, but not as much as the electrons? (so reducing their repulsive forces too...so they dont mind getting so close to the other protons)

does temperature have anything to do with how strongly similar charges repel each other?

(omg i think i asked a million question, im sorry and ill understand if you cant answer them all)
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 6, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

1. You may want to rephrase your question. It was VERY difficult to make some SENSE out of it.

2. Hint: ask ONE question at a time and try to understand THAT first before buidling on top of that. If not, you'll end up what you just did - tripping over yourself.

3. Unless I missed something, what you asked has nothing to do with BE condensate.

4. Nov 6, 2005 #3
    i thought BE condensate is about cooling matter to 0k? i just what to know what happens to that matter how can they all get so close to each other, the atoms, if you have repulsive forces between the electrons of each atoms and protons of each atom.
  5. Nov 6, 2005 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

1. photons are an example of a BE condensate. And they're don't need to be cooled towards 0K to be in that state.

2. In high-Tc superconductors, the condensation can form at temperatures as high as 150K. Again, far away from 0K.

So you may need to review your understanding of the physics of BE condesation.

6. Nov 6, 2005 #5
    oops sorry....i didn't know there was so much behind this..bosonic particals and quantum states. I think I need to understand that stuff first. (is this taught in most universities?, I might just wait untill then, there seems to be soo much.)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?