Einstein Refrigeration: Constructing the System with Limited Knowledge

In summary, the conversation discusses the construction of the Einstein system and the prevention of counter flow with the simplified Einstein mechanism. There is also a question about the use of codes for refrigerants and a request for clarification on the concept of butane and ammonia vapor combining electrostatically. The conversation concludes with a suggestion for further assistance from members of the Physics Forum.
vapourised
My question is generated by a an unsuccessful attempt to construct the einstein system with limited knowledge.

The first part the counter flow of different gasses (See attachment No1)

The main part is the simplified Einstein is what prevents counter flow in this system. I think that perhaps Butane vapour electrostatic-ally combines with NH3 vapour or visa versa.

Since this is my first entry to the Physics Forum I apologize any errors that I have made in post and thank you for your patience.

Attachments

• Final Einstein.jpg
    Final Einstein.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 296
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:One simple question=Why are you calling butane ROO? Butane has no oxygen atoms. Or is it ## R00## ? Also what is ## R600 ##?

In the refrigeration trade all refrigerants are referred to by there refrigerant code, Butane is coded with R600A. I didn't bother with the subset as we don't use it in every day language. We don't bother to use the precursor ie R407a is 407 etc. Sorry about that. Any other reference I made to it were typos which I'm very good at sorry.

Likes Charles Link
Thanks. This topic is completely new to me. Perhaps @Chestermiller can help. His expertise is thermodynamics, but he also might have some knowledge of refrigeration mechanisms.

What does butane vapor combining electrostaticly with ammonia vapor mean? Does this somehow refer to the diagram of CO2 and ammonia in the first diagram with the valve? What is supposed to be happening there?

1. What is Einstein Refrigeration and how does it work?

Einstein Refrigeration is a cooling system that utilizes the principle of thermodynamics to create a low temperature environment. It works by using a heat pump to extract heat from a cold reservoir and transfer it to a hot reservoir, thereby cooling the desired area.

2. What are the main components of an Einstein Refrigeration system?

The main components of an Einstein Refrigeration system include a compressor, condenser, evaporator, and expansion valve. These work together to create a continuous cycle of heat transfer and cooling.

3. Can an Einstein Refrigeration system be constructed with limited knowledge?

Yes, an Einstein Refrigeration system can be constructed with limited knowledge. However, it is important to have a basic understanding of thermodynamics and refrigeration principles in order to ensure the system is built correctly and functions efficiently.

4. Are there any safety concerns when constructing an Einstein Refrigeration system?

Yes, there are potential safety concerns when constructing an Einstein Refrigeration system. It is important to handle refrigerants properly and follow safety protocols to prevent any accidents or injuries.

5. What are the benefits of using an Einstein Refrigeration system?

The main benefits of using an Einstein Refrigeration system include its energy efficiency, compact size, and ability to provide precise temperature control. It is also environmentally friendly as it does not use any harmful chemicals. Additionally, it can be used in a variety of applications, such as in homes, businesses, and laboratories.