Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Einstein's problem with entanglement and separability in QM vs GR

1. Jul 31, 2012 #1
    Hi guys i was reading about Einstein's problem with the non-separability of the wavefunction in QM and the lack of a counterpart in GR. I am wondering if anyone can shed more light on this

In QM entangement means that the wavefunction and probability is not insuperable into the sum individual parts.
    Although i think the probabilities can also be diffrent than the sum of the parts if the wave-function is separable, so it would seem to be more than the measurable, i might be wrong, i need to check this.

Anyway, Einstein's big problem with QM was exactly this point precisely because it conflicted with his GR theory. In GR, correct me if i am off there is infantesimal seperability of the solutions whch represent the stresses in the fields, and which is not like QM. I know that at each point in sp. there is a tensor that defines the gravity at that point.

In QM the sum can be more than the parts as for example an entangled pair can have a smaller entropy than an entangled pair.

I was wondering if you had heard more about this and what the hell separability actually means in GR.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted