Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Einstiens Theory on Relativity

1. Aug 21, 2012 #1
    I have read Albert Einstien theory of relativity and I don't quite understand what he is trying to say state. Can someone please shed some light so that I can understand what he is trying to convey?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 21, 2012 #2

ghwellsjr

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I never heard of Albert Einstien--who is he?

Perhaps you mean Albert Einstein? What have you read? Have you read the first part of his 1905 paper introducing Special Relativity?

4. Aug 21, 2012 #3

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

This is utterly vague. It appears as if you want a whole lesson on Relativity, which is not something that can be done on a forum.

Give us the exact reference to what you've been reading. Now start from the very beginning. At what point did you stop understanding? And what is your educational background so that no one will be responding using stuff that you can't comprehend?

Zz.

5. Aug 21, 2012 #4

ghwellsjr

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

6. Aug 21, 2012 #5
    I apologize for the miss guided way that I miss spelled his name. I hadn't realized it until now. However, the topic is meant to try to clarify the concept that he was trying to convey. I'm not asking for the entire thing just a brief over view that's all.

7. Aug 21, 2012 #6

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

You just said " the topic is meant to try to clarify the concept that he was trying to convey" with one breath and then with the next said "I'm not asking for the entire thing".

Reread post #3, please, and do what it says.

8. Aug 21, 2012 #7

turbo

Gold Member

@OP: please read this book and drop back in.

http://www.bartleby.com/173/

Then you may have some specific questions that can be addressed here.

9. Aug 21, 2012 #8
    I have read the theory countless times it still makes no sense.

10. Aug 21, 2012 #9

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

We have no ability to read minds. And you still appear to want wholesale lessons on Relativity. That is not going to happen.

This thread is done.

Zz.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook