1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Elasticity in equilibrium

1. Jul 2, 2005 #1
    I have conjured up a theory, which thanks to one of the great members here 'Infinitetime' showed me that it was already theorized by a physicist in the 1600's. I cannot remember his name, and made the foolish mistake of not bookmarking it. But his theory was almost identical to mine, and I can honestly with my hand on my heart say I had never heard of the guy, or the theory of itself. I was merely thinking and it came to me. Here is a zip file with a .doc file explaining my theory (with diagrams) and a file which those with 'Crocodile Physics' can open up for a more visual/animated description.

I just wish to ask all of you superior intellects, as I am a junior and my accumen of Physics is still relatively small, how close to the truth am I, and does what I theorize, really make any sense?

http://www.gtacentral.com/dom/momeq.rar [Broken]

File is .rar, WinRar required to open and extract.

Thanks guys. (Please don't make me feel like a small idiot if I'm wrong/way off, please assist me the best you can, I really want to get great at Physics) :blushing:

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2017
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted