1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Elective units to study?

1. Nov 24, 2015 #1
    Hey everyone, I'm new here but have been following a lot of the threads recently.
    I just wanted your opinions on what elective units I should study whilst doing a undergraduate degree in Physics. I've been told Computer Science units will be handy as well as more Maths but is there anything else that may be beneficial? Perhaps engineering units?

Many thanks in advance!

Sam

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 24, 2015 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Unfortunately, you haven't provided enough information to your question.

First of all, what KIND of electives are you given? Many schools have require electives that are well outside of the major field of study. For example, don't you have liberal arts/humanities/etc. electives that you have to fulfill? For most physics students, the natural science electives are very limited because the area of study is already centered on the natural sciences.

Secondly, how many credit hours are you given to fulfill your elective requirement?

Finally, it is ALWAYS helpful to identify where in the world you are. We have people from all over the world in this forum. Always keep that in mind when you are seeking advice.

Zz.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook