1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electric Book Needed

1. Aug 22, 2013 #1

adjacent

Gold Member

I want a book about electricity from a to z.Please help.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 22, 2013 #2
    The classic introductory text is Purcell. If you don't know vector calculus, though, I'd recommend you learn that first.

If you want a simpler text more suited to the high school level, then I'm sure any one of the books titled "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" will cover electricity and magnetism in some detail.

Other popular books are Griffiths and Jackson, but these are more advanced and require somewhat sophisticated mathematics.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  4. Aug 22, 2013 #3
    If you need to learn basic fundamentals then physics books would be better for you than Electrical Engineering books. Go for any book titled 'Electricity and Magnetism' or high school physics books first.

5. Aug 22, 2013 #4
    I just like the title of this thread, makes me think of a book with automated page turning or a prank that shocks people when they open it.

6. Aug 22, 2013 #5

verty

Homework Helper

If you want a non-technical book to start with, here is one for $10 (used versions are even cheaper) that looks pretty nice: https://www.amazon.com/Basic-Electr...8&qid=1377189598&sr=1-11&keywords=electricity. Read this to get a big picture view of electricity and how it is generated/stored/put to use.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted