1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Electric Circuits

1. Mar 23, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Three 66.0 Ω resistors are connected across the sides of an equilateral triangle ABC as shown in the figure.
    What is the equivalent resistance between any two points AB, BC, AC of this circuit?

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    I dont understand. They give me a triangle with the same resistance at each point, and there asking for the resistance between any of the two points
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 23, 2010 #2
    Do you see any series or parallel combinations you could make?

4. Mar 23, 2010 #3
    Series

5. Mar 23, 2010 #4
    Well, make them! What problems are you having? Show some work and ask questions.

6. Mar 23, 2010 #5
    I cant show any work because I dont understand what im being asked to find. If there series, to find the equivalent resistance you just add them because there series

7. Mar 23, 2010 #6
    you need to find the equivalent resistance by making one series and one parallel combination (after the series one).

8. Mar 23, 2010 #7
    Is this a delta of resistors by chance? Something like: /_\ with a resistor on each wire of the delta?

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook