1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electric Networks, hard?

1. Aug 12, 2006 #1
    This is my 1st semester in 2nd year course, sounds to hard and I do worry.
    Did anyone study something like this description.

ELE 302 Electric Networks Three phase circuits- 3-phase voltages, Y and delta-connections, balanced three-phase systems, power calculations, two-wattmeter power measurement; frequency response- Bode plots, resonant circuits, frequency response of OPAMP circuits; Laplace transform applications- initial and final value theorems, solution of differential equations, transfer function and impedance, convolution theorem; Fourier series- exponential form, Fourier spectrum, circuits and Fourier series; filter circuits- second- and high-order filters, pole-zero plots and the s-plane, distortion in filter circuits; two port networks- equations of two-port networks, hybrid and transmission parameters, interconnection of two-port networks; computer aided circuit analyses of all the above topics.
    Lect: 5 hrs./Lab: 3 hrs.
    Prerequisite: All required first year courses.
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 13, 2006 #2
    It looks like a pretty standard circuits course. Have you had diff eq. yet? I should have, if you're taking circuits.
  4. Aug 13, 2006 #3
    leright, thank you very much. diff.eq is a corequisite and I will take it the same time with this course. I know it would be much better if I took it already. Thanks
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?