Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electrical Component Supplier

1. Nov 14, 2005 #1
    I am wondering if anyone has a good source for electonic components (resistors, capacitors, inductors, transformers, switches, etc.). I was an electronic's technician in the military and we order all of our equipment through the federal supply system. Anyway's now I'm just an engineering student/enthusiast and I have some "ideas" I want to try out but no real source of supply. Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 14, 2005 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

www.digikey.com

www.mouser.com

They used to supply mainly to hobbyists and low volume manufacturers, but now they're very big time, and still friendly. They take VISA over the phone or via web ordering. I think the minimum order is $25 or $50, but I'm not sure. We even use these guys at my work -- lots of next-day rush orders to help us in prototype builds, etc.

BTW, another great trick is to use www.findchips.com to search multiple distributors for parts. findchips.com searches Digikey, Mouser and a bunch of other disti's for you, so with one search you can see where parts are available and often the pricing.

www.findchips.com

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?