Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electrical Component Supplier

1. Nov 14, 2005 #1
    I am wondering if anyone has a good source for electonic components (resistors, capacitors, inductors, transformers, switches, etc.). I was an electronic's technician in the military and we order all of our equipment through the federal supply system. Anyway's now I'm just an engineering student/enthusiast and I have some "ideas" I want to try out but no real source of supply. Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 14, 2005 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

www.digikey.com

www.mouser.com[/URL]

They used to supply mainly to hobbyists and low volume manufacturers, but now they're very big time, and still friendly. They take VISA over the phone or via web ordering. I think the minimum order is $25 or $50, but I'm not sure. We even use these guys at my work -- lots of next-day rush orders to help us in prototype builds, etc.

BTW, another great trick is to use [url]www.findchips.com[/url] to search multiple distributors for parts. findchips.com searches Digikey, Mouser and a bunch of other disti's for you, so with one search you can see where parts are available and often the pricing.

[url]www.findchips.com[/url]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook