Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electrical engineering applications requiring the use of gas laws such as PV=NRT etc

1. Apr 22, 2010 #1
    Have you ever used the Ideal Gas Law, Charles' Law, Boyls' Law, or the Combined Gas Law for anything in electrical engineering?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 23, 2010 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Re: Electrical engineering applications requiring the use of gas laws such as PV=NRT

Not me, just in undergrad training. Why do you ask?

4. Apr 23, 2010 #3

MATLABdude

Science Advisor

Re: Electrical engineering applications requiring the use of gas laws such as PV=NRT

I used all of these.
    ...To get my degree!

But you never know when you need a bit of instrumentation for sensing or measuring something, and can't get a sensor to directly measure that quality, but CAN measure something related, instead.

5. Apr 23, 2010 #4

I used them at work, but the gas equations got even more complex, so I usually ran away and let the physics guys work on it.

PS - I designed gas flow controllers and vacuum gauges

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?