Electrical engineering applications requiring the use of gas laws such as PV=NRT etc

Have you ever used the Ideal Gas Law, Charles' Law, Boyls' Law, or the Combined Gas Law for anything in electrical engineering?

berkeman

Mentor
Re: Electrical engineering applications requiring the use of gas laws such as PV=NRT

Have you ever used the Ideal Gas Law, Charles' Law, Boyls' Law, or the Combined Gas Law for anything in electrical engineering?
Not me, just in undergrad training. Why do you ask?

MATLABdude

Science Advisor
Re: Electrical engineering applications requiring the use of gas laws such as PV=NRT

I used all of these.
...To get my degree!

But you never know when you need a bit of instrumentation for sensing or measuring something, and can't get a sensor to directly measure that quality, but CAN measure something related, instead.

I used them at work, but the gas equations got even more complex, so I usually ran away and let the physics guys work on it.

PS - I designed gas flow controllers and vacuum gauges