1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electrical/Engineering Help Please

1. Nov 22, 2009 #1
    Electrical/Engineering Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Hi, I'm New to this site, but lets get to the point. I'm writing a long report in English class on my "Area of Study" (Electrical Eng.). I have to write about a PROBLEM in that field and come up with some solutions that might help solve the problem. It'll help out a lot if anybody can at least help me come up with an idea/tittle at least. Researching this topic is hard because I'm a noobie in this field with no experience. Here's an outline:

1. Identify/Define problem
    2. Pick some possible solutions
    3. Analyze possible solutions

(Sorry if I make it sound like Your doing my homework. I'm just really desperate to find a topic. It's due this week, so I really just need a topic FAST)

Okay, here's an example of a problem if it helps clear things up a little.
    Area of study=Criminal Justice field
    1. Problem= Prisons are getting over crowded with inmates.
    2. Possible solution= Build a New prisons, Hire more securities.

Thanks in Advanced...

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    Searched the Internet= No help.
    Email My Instructor- No response. Probably too busy lol.......

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 22, 2009 #2

LCKurtz

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Re: Electrical/Engineering Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Problem: Computer email networks are being overwhelmed with unwanted messages (spam).

4. Nov 22, 2009 #3

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Well, I don't usually take a post seriously unless it has at least 15 exclamation marks, but...

His area of interest is Electrical Engineering.

How about this (pretend) premise:
    Part A: New studies confirm that high-voltage power line corridors are indeed causing chronic health problems to nearby residents. This is an existing problem needing to be solved.

Part B: The advent of electric cars will only make this worse. This is an upcoming problem.

5. Nov 22, 2009 #4

Hmmmmm.....DaveC426913 that did give me an idea about being exposed to ELF magnetic fields and human disease or will electric cars increase this. Any more ideas people....Need help on this. Thanks Fellas..

6. Nov 23, 2009 #5

I found out what i'm going to write about finally......I'm gonna write about disposal of car batteries in Electric vehicals hahahha.....Thanks for the help fellaz.....Jus pop up in my mind. Took a whole day of thinking. I'm slow lol...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook