Electrical Machines: Find a Book on Magnetic Field Behavior

In summary, the speaker is looking for a book or website that describes the behavior of the magnetic field inside a synchronous generator during different operating conditions. They apologize for not specifying this earlier and provide a link to a website that may have the information they are looking for.
bartoszlukasik
I am looking for a book on electrical machines. I am particularly interested in one which would described the behaviour of the magnetic field inside the machine during various operating conditions like no load short circuit etc. can you recommend a book or a website which would describe it I don't seem to be able to find anything?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Bart.
By 'electrical machine' do you mean a motor or a generator or a capacitor bank or...? I have the impression that you're referring to a motor, but that isn't made clear. Please restate your question in more concrete terms.

Sorry I really left out that part ;) I meant synchronous generator in particular. Sorry and thanks.

You can refer to : http://www.educypedia.be/electronics/motor.htm [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the purpose of studying magnetic field behavior in electrical machines?

The purpose of studying magnetic field behavior in electrical machines is to understand the principles and mechanisms behind the generation, transmission, and use of electricity. This knowledge is crucial in designing and optimizing electrical machines for various applications.

2. What are the main components of an electrical machine?

The main components of an electrical machine include a stator, rotor, and an air gap between them. The stator is a stationary part of the machine that houses the conductors, while the rotor is a rotating part that generates a magnetic field when supplied with electricity.

3. How does a magnetic field affect the operation of an electrical machine?

A magnetic field plays a crucial role in the operation of an electrical machine. It is responsible for inducing an electromotive force (EMF) in the conductors, which in turn produces the desired output of the machine. The strength and direction of the magnetic field can also affect the performance and efficiency of the machine.

4. What factors can influence the behavior of a magnetic field in an electrical machine?

Several factors can influence the behavior of a magnetic field in an electrical machine, including the shape and size of the conductors, the amount of current flowing through them, and the materials used to create the magnetic field. Other external factors such as temperature and mechanical stress can also impact the behavior of a magnetic field.

5. How can I learn more about magnetic field behavior in electrical machines?

There are numerous resources available for learning about magnetic field behavior in electrical machines. One of the best ways is to read books specifically focused on this topic, such as "Magnetic Field Behavior in Electrical Machines" by Syed A. Nasar. Additionally, attending seminars and workshops, or consulting with experts in the field can also provide valuable insights and knowledge.