1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electrical MASc Options, Telecom Vs. Power engineering

1. Jul 4, 2013 #1
    Hey guys,

I am graduating from my BASc in electrical engineering next term and I have applied for master's. I have offered admission by two instructors, one in telecommunications and with focus on 5g channel sounders and another in VLSI systems and nano fabrication of silicon wafers.

My major in my BASc was focused on power but for master's I haven't been offered an MASc in power systems as there aren't many instructors at my university(UBC) in that field. I have been offered to do MEng in power, but I'm thinking MASc is probably a better choice.

What do you all think of the career opportunities in power systems vs. communications? I have heard communications is very limited in terms of career opportunities from some master's students in power.

Both are very hands-on and I have interest in both.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted