1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electrical Shaving

1. Jun 17, 2003 #1

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I am thinking about buying an electrical shaver for one of my friends' birthday.. but ofcourse I have no idea which ones are good. He currently uses a blade, so I was thinking about buying a Braun 7526 since it has a foil and thus a close cut, right?

At first I was thinking about buying the Norelco 8894XL Spectra "James Bond's Shaver of Choice", since I could get it at the same price while it is $100 more expensive, but that one is based on rotor blades, I heard that the shave is not as close?

Any opinions?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 17, 2003 #2
    Do you have Gillette Razors over there? If so i recommend the Mach 3 razor is cool, (by the time i have typed this there is probably a mach 4 or 5 razor out).

4. Jun 17, 2003 #3
    Make sure he wants one... I use a plain old manual shaver because I can't stand the electrical ones. They don't cut close enough.

5. Jun 17, 2003 #4

of course we do! we invented them. (i think)

but i agree. that's a great razor. i use it myself and couldn't ask for anything better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?