Buy Electric Shaver: Braun 7526 or Norelco 8894XL Spectra?

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Electrical
In summary, the conversation involves a person seeking advice on purchasing an electric shaver for their friend's birthday. They are considering the Braun 7526 and the Norelco 8894XL Spectra, but are unsure about the differences in the shave. Another person recommends the Gillette Mach 3 razor as a good option. There is also a mention of using a manual shaver instead.
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I am thinking about buying an electrical shaver for one of my friends' birthday.. but ofcourse I have no idea which ones are good. He currently uses a blade, so I was thinking about buying a Braun 7526 since it has a foil and thus a close cut, right?

At first I was thinking about buying the Norelco 8894XL Spectra "James Bond's Shaver of Choice", since I could get it at the same price while it is $100 more expensive, but that one is based on rotor blades, I heard that the shave is not as close?

Any opinions?

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you have Gillette Razors over there? If so i recommend the Mach 3 razor is cool, (by the time i have typed this there is probably a mach 4 or 5 razor out).

Make sure he wants one... I use a plain old manual shaver because I can't stand the electrical ones. They don't cut close enough.

Originally posted by Andy
Do you have Gillette Razors over there? If so i recommend the Mach 3 razor is cool, (by the time i have typed this there is probably a mach 4 or 5 razor out).

of course we do! we invented them. (i think)

but i agree. that's a great razor. i use it myself and couldn't ask for anything better.

1. Which electric shaver is better: Braun 7526 or Norelco 8894XL Spectra?

Both the Braun 7526 and Norelco 8894XL Spectra are high-quality electric shavers. The best option for you will depend on your personal preferences and needs. Both shavers have unique features that may appeal to different individuals. We recommend researching the specific features of each shaver to determine which one would be the best fit for you.

2. What is the difference between the Braun 7526 and Norelco 8894XL Spectra?

The Braun 7526 and Norelco 8894XL Spectra have several differences. The Braun shaver uses a foil shaving system, while the Norelco shaver uses a rotary shaving system. The Braun shaver also has a cleaning and charging station, while the Norelco shaver does not. Additionally, the Braun shaver has a precision trimmer, while the Norelco shaver has a pop-up trimmer.

3. How long do the batteries last on the Braun 7526 and Norelco 8894XL Spectra?

The Braun 7526 and Norelco 8894XL Spectra both have rechargeable batteries that can last for several shaves before needing to be charged. The exact battery life may vary depending on usage and how often the shaver is cleaned and maintained. It is recommended to fully charge the shaver before each use for optimal performance.

4. Can I use the Braun 7526 and Norelco 8894XL Spectra in the shower?

Both the Braun 7526 and Norelco 8894XL Spectra are waterproof and can be used in the shower. However, it is important to note that the Braun shaver should only be used with shaving foam or gel, while the Norelco shaver can be used with or without shaving products.

5. How do I clean and maintain the Braun 7526 and Norelco 8894XL Spectra?

The Braun 7526 comes with a cleaning and charging station, making it easy to clean and maintain the shaver. The Norelco 8894XL Spectra can be cleaned by running the shaver under water and using the included cleaning brush. It is recommended to clean both shavers after each use for optimal performance and longevity.