1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electricity 12th Grade

1. Nov 17, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

The Problem Statement :

All resistances are equal and worth to 360 ohm

1°)We set between A et B a source of tension E ; [tex]E=U_A_B=12 volts[/tex],
    Determine the intensities of the current in all resistances in this electric circuit.

2°)Take again question 1 but this time the source of tension is setted between A and D

3°) Take again question 1 and 2 the source of tension is replaced by a current source delivering an intensity of 20 milliamperes.

The electrical circuit for solve this problem :

[​IMG][/URL][​IMG][/IMG]

2. Relevant equations

I Haven't idea because I don't understand this lesson. I want absolutely that anyone help me please.

3. The attempt at a solution

I need Help because tomorow I Have test but I don't understand this exercise. Thank You

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 18, 2008 #2
    Problems like that can always be solved with 2 Kirchhoffs Laws. Define currents across resistances as I1, I2... and the total current I. Then use V=IR. and Kirchhoff's Laws to get a number of equations for currents, which you can solve simultaneously.
    This always works.
    But there are some other methods, e.g. considerations of symmetry, or Thevenin, Norton theorems.. etc

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?