1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electricity and Magnetism Question (Capacitor). Please Help.

1. May 18, 2009 #1
    Okay, I will be honest, this is a homework assignment. For that matter this is the last homework assignment which is very crucial to preparing for the final. But the problem is I have 2 more finals for which I need to study for. So if you can please help me out and give a detailed solution I will appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

A 1 micro F capacitor, a 10 ohm resistor and a 1 micro H inductor are connected in series with a sinusoidal signal generator of 10V peak voltage amplitude operating at a frequency of 100 rad/s.
    a) Find the amplitude of current oscillations in the circuit.
    b) Find the phase shift between the current and the generator voltage. Does the current lead the voltage or vice-versa?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted