1. PF Contest - Win "Conquering the Physics GRE" book! Click Here to Enter
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electricity and magnetism

1. Mar 12, 2010 #1
    good afternoon, these are my problems, I already tried to solve them but my anwers isnt well:

1-the electrical potential at certain distance of a charge of 600 V. and the electrical field is 200 N/C. At what distance of this charge is it necessary to place a charge of 0.1x10 ^-6 C and the opposite sign for that the potential in the same point is null?
    My Answer: 1.5m

2-three charge q1 = 1.5x10 ^-3 C, q2 = 0.5x10 ^-3 C and q2 = 0.2x10 ^-3 C are distributed in a plane, forming a triangle. The straight line that it joins q1 with q3 measures 1 m, the straight line that it joins q2 with q3 measures 0.5 m and the angle that both straight lines form is 30 °. Which is the potential entire energy of the system?

My answer: -24.6x10^3 J

3-Two metallic big and parallel badges are placed at a distance of 0.5 cm between both. if between them there gets connected a source of electrical energy which difference of electrical potential is 90 V.: Which will be the charge for unit of area in the surface of the badges?

my answer: -3.2x10^-7 C/m^2

thnks for att.
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 12, 2010 #2

Homework Helper

Can you tell us how you got your answers so that we can find any mistakes you made? You don't have to post long explanations; just show what equations you used and what numbers you plugged in.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook