i was pondering over a few questions 1) if i were to connect a wire from the positive of a power source, and touch the other end to myself, would i get electrocuted? common sense tells me i will, but where is the close circuit? does electricity flow from source to me to the earth? and then how does it get back to the source to form the complete circuit? 2) if electrons were the moving charges in electricity, then how does it come out of the positive source ? does it mean that the earth's electrons are the ones moving into the positive source? so i should feel the shock at my feet first and not at my hands touching the source point? 3) what if i were to shield myself from the earth, like maybe jump up, or be in space where that is no earth. then if i touch the postive source, will i get electrocuted? where is the complete circuit? 4) if now i were to dig myself into the earth. since by gauss law, all charges resides on the surface of the earth, then if i were to touch the source again, will i be electrocuted? since no charges are inside? the power source is essentially neutral right? so i will not get a cavity inside a sphere with balanced induced charges from the earth. 5) now if i were to put a +ve charge huge enough into a cavity in earth to attract all the electrons in the earth to balance it, then all the outer postive charges will be able to move freely, and does it mean it will start to electrocute everyone on earth? 6) also, when we talk about earthing, if we keep taking electrons out from the earth, when willl the earth run out of it? and since electron can flow freely into and out of earth, does it mean that earth is a good conductor of electricity? but i though metals are with free electrons, earth is mainly soil and water right? 7) also when earthing, if i keep electrons off it, wouldn't the earth get charged up? thanks!