1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electricity Circles question that's killing me

1. Feb 23, 2004 #1
    Heya Folks,

First I would like to apologize for my bad English - I live in Israel and our mother toungue is Hebrew here, I'll try my best though..

Now I don't know how you call what we call Straght-Line Electricity Circles but basically I mean AC just not alternative ;)

Anyways my problem is with the following circle:

[​IMG]
    (the url is http://dgemu.suhost.com/physicu/1.gif if you don't see it good).

I'm told that the potential in P is 200 volt and I'm asked what's the potential in Q.

Now I went by the (using $ as sigma):
    $E = $I*R
    equasion and I found that I is 20A, and then I found out that the potential from P to Q is 110v so I assume the potential in P is 310v - but that answer is wrong..

I'm doing an online test and I only get TrUE of FALSE for my answers and I have no idea what is the correct question and how to get to it.

Any help would be appreciated,
    - Ben

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 23, 2004 #2
    nvm I guess that was really stupid I should've done -110 and then it's 90 and not 310 - the correct answer is 90 - thanks for anyone who read this topic..

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?