1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electricity textbook

1. Jan 14, 2014 #1
    Hello, I am looking for a basic introductory textbook on electronics. Since it's introductory, nothing too rigorous required.
    Topics:
    Basic AC/DC introduction
    Current, Charge, Voltage
    Resistors
    Series/Parallel circuits
    Ohm's Law
    Capacitors
    Semiconductor devices (diodes, doping, impurities, N-P type, transistors etc)
    Building a circuit (how they work, printed circuit boards)
    Hopefully something on breadboards

Once again, an introduction so "Art of electronics" and similar are WAY too advanced. Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 14, 2014 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I'm surprised that you find the AoE book too advanced (it really does start with the basics), but that's fine. Here's a recent short thread from the EE forum that mentions a couple intro-type electronics books:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=731156

:smile:

4. Jan 14, 2014 #3
    Really, what is mean is a high school level introduction, not the physics of it. Thanks, I'll check those.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted