Why am I getting electrocuted by metal after my hand implant was removed?

• Thread starter creepyone
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Metal
In summary, the person is a web developer who spends about 12 hours a day in front of a computer. They have noticed that when they touch metal objects, such as faucets, spoons, or refrigerator holders, they get electrocuted. They mention having a surgical implant in their right hand for 6-7 years, which was removed last year. They are wondering if the implant is connected to their electrocution, which feels like being bitten by a big ant. They ask if there is any explanation for this and if it could be different from a normal static shock.
creepyone
hi, I'm a web developer so i usually stay in front of a computer for almost 12 hrs a day.

my question is, when i get up from my computer and hold a metal, ex. faucet or a spoon, or even a refrigerator holder i get electrocuted.
FYI, by the way, i got a surgical implant in my right hand because of a severe breakage of my bone. and the implant stayed in my arms for about 6 or 7 years, but its been removed last year.
is it connected? I'm just curios because i get electrocuted for 5 up to 10 volts..

its like I'm being bitten by a big big ant... ?

is there any explanation with this?? it all started after the removal of my hand implant.

Physics news on Phys.org
Is there any reason why you don't think it's a run-of-the-mill static shock? How is it different?

I cannot provide a definitive answer without more information and conducting experiments. However, here are some possible explanations for why you may be experiencing electric shocks after the removal of your hand implant:

1. The implant may have created a pathway for electricity to flow through your body. Metals are good conductors of electricity, so if the implant was made of metal and was connected to other metal objects in your environment, it could have allowed electricity to flow through your body, resulting in the shocks you are experiencing. The removal of the implant may have disrupted this pathway, causing the shocks to stop.

2. The implant may have created a buildup of static electricity in your body. When you sit in front of a computer for long periods of time, you can build up static electricity in your body. This static charge can be discharged when you touch a metal object, resulting in a small shock. The implant may have enhanced this effect, and its removal may have stopped the buildup of static electricity.

3. The removal of the implant may have caused nerve damage in your hand. The nerves in your hand are responsible for sensing touch and pain, and if they were damaged during the removal of the implant, it could cause you to feel electric shocks when touching certain objects.

4. It is also possible that the shocks are unrelated to the implant and could be caused by an issue with the wiring or grounding in your home. If you are consistently experiencing shocks in certain areas of your home, it may be worth having an electrician check for any potential hazards.

In any case, if the shocks are persistent and causing discomfort, it is important to consult a medical professional for a proper diagnosis and treatment. They may be able to conduct tests and provide a more accurate explanation for your specific situation.

1. What is electricution with metal?

Electricution with metal is when a person comes into contact with an electrical current while also touching a metal object. This can result in an electric shock, which can be dangerous and even deadly.

2. What causes electricution with metal?

Electricution with metal is caused by the flow of electricity through a person's body. This can happen if the person touches a live wire or an appliance that is not properly grounded, while also touching a metal object.

3. What are the symptoms of electricution with metal?

The symptoms of electricution with metal can vary depending on the severity of the shock. Common symptoms include numbness or tingling, muscle contractions, burns, difficulty breathing, and loss of consciousness. In severe cases, it can also cause cardiac arrest.

4. What should I do if someone is experiencing electricution with metal?

If someone is experiencing electricution with metal, it is important to turn off the power source immediately. Do not touch the person until the power is off, as you could also get shocked. Call for emergency medical assistance and perform CPR if necessary.

5. How can I prevent electricution with metal?

To prevent electricution with metal, it is important to always follow proper safety precautions when working with electricity. This includes wearing protective gear, ensuring appliances and outlets are properly grounded, and avoiding touching electrical equipment with wet hands or while standing in water. It is also important to never attempt to fix electrical issues yourself and to always hire a licensed electrician for repairs.