Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electrolysis in pure water

  1. Nov 15, 2009 #1
    The only kind of electrolysis I've learned about is electrolysis of salts dissolved in water. In that case theres current flowing through between the two electrodes but what do you call the process where you submerge 2 electrodes of the same metal in pure water in order to produce a solution of water and metal particles?
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 15, 2009 #2


    User Avatar

    Staff: Mentor

    Solution of metal particles? Suspension perhaps?

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook