1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Electromagnetic force density

1. Mar 6, 2017 #1
    upload_2017-3-6_11-51-8.png

Hi everyone, initially I would like to put into words that this equation in my attachment is provided by Julius Adams Stratton but he do not derive the equation. The only part I do not understand and can not derive is the "RED" part. He just says it results from light pressure. So, I would like to ask : How can we reach this formula painted with RED???? How do we derive this part ????????

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 6, 2017 #2

DrClaude

Staff: Mentor

What is reference 19?

4. Mar 6, 2017 #3
    upload_2017-3-6_12-11-16.png

5. Mar 6, 2017 #4
    Additionally, I have the book but nothing is derived.....So, Any idea related to how to derive the "RED" part?????

6. Mar 6, 2017 #5
    @DrClaude Could you express something about my question after I shared the reference????????

7. Mar 6, 2017 #6

DrClaude

Staff: Mentor

I dinät have access to that book right now, so I can't help for the moment. Maybe someone else will chime in in the mean time.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted