The Mystery of Purple Objects: Understanding Electromagnetic Force

In summary, the conversation is about the user Amoghgirgaonkar asking for help with equations, but the responder cannot provide assistance without any attempt or prior knowledge from the user. The conversation also addresses the use of emojis, with the responder reminding the user to be polite.
Amoghgirgaonkar
Homework Statement
Please see the image in attempt
Relevant Equations
Please see the attempt
IMG_20191220_132707.jpg
ans is opt4

Physics news on Phys.org
Amoghgirgaonkar said:
Homework Equations:: Please see the attempt
Hello Amoghgirgaonkar, :welcome: !

I don't see any equations and I don't see any attempt from you either.
PF rules don't allow us to assist in such circumstances !

BvU said:
Hello Amoghgirgaonkar, :welcome: !

I don't see any equations and I don't see any attempt from you either.
PF rules don't allow us to assist in such circumstances !
If i do not know how to approach a question how can i write equations😈👿

Did you learn anything related with this exercise at all before you bumped into this exercise ?
What is the meaning of the purple thingies ? We try to be polite at PF !

Likes Saptarshi Sarkar

1. What is electromagnetic force?

Electromagnetic force is a fundamental force of nature that describes the interactions between electrically charged particles. It is responsible for many phenomena, such as electricity, magnetism, and light.

2. How does electromagnetic force relate to purple objects?

Purple objects appear to have a specific color because they absorb and reflect certain wavelengths of light. The color we perceive is determined by the object's atomic structure, which is influenced by electromagnetic force. For example, purple objects may contain atoms that absorb red and blue light, but reflect purple light, giving them their distinct color.

3. Why do some objects glow purple under UV light?

Under UV light, some objects may appear to glow purple due to the phenomenon of fluorescence. This occurs when atoms in the object absorb UV light and re-emit it as visible light, often in the purple range. This process is also influenced by electromagnetic force.

4. How can we use electromagnetic force to understand purple objects?

By studying the interactions between electrically charged particles, we can gain a better understanding of the atomic and molecular structure of purple objects. This allows us to explain why they have certain properties, such as color and fluorescence.

5. Are there any practical applications of understanding electromagnetic force in relation to purple objects?

Yes, understanding electromagnetic force can have practical applications in various fields such as materials science, chemistry, and optics. For example, it can help in the development of new materials with specific properties, such as purple dyes and pigments, or in the design of optical devices that utilize purple light.