• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Electromagnetic induction

Homework Statement
The rod is moving on a second rod with speed of v in the magnetic field perpendicular to rod. I know its resistance per meter. I am expected to omit megnetic field created by the current and resistance at the point where rods touch each other and calculate current. I presented the situation with drawing ( the same as in task). My calculations occured to be wrong. Why?
Homework Equations
I=Emf/R
Homework Statement: The rod is moving on a second rod with speed of v in the magnetic field perpendicular to rod. I know its resistance per meter. I am expected to omit megnetic field created by the current and resistance at the point where rods touch each other and calculate current. I presented the situation with drawing ( the same as in task). My calculations occured to be wrong. Why?
Homework Equations: I=Emf/R

Emf=-dA/dt*B

Attachments

kuruman

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
Check the area of the triangle as a function of time. Also, try using LaTeX for writing your equations instead of posting photos some of which are sideways.

Last edited:

rude man

Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
In moving media such as your rod it's generally best to use the Blv rule rather than Faraday, although in this case it's OK to do so.