1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electromagnetic Motor.

1. Dec 7, 2005 #1
    Hello, this is my first post.
    Anywho, my problem is is that I have to make a simple electromagnetic motor for my grade 11 physics class. My teacher didnt tell us what to do per-say, but we learned about it, and are on our own to put all of our information together, and build it. So, I found the general idea of what I want to do.

Motor Here

2nd Option

(I am allowed to search the internet for basic designs)

My concern right now is what exactly is magnetic wire? I don't understand what "No. 20 to No. 24 magnet wire" means. Is that like, the numbers in between them are usuable? Or is that a specific wire? Are they accessable at the local hardware store? If you guys have any better suggestions for my motor, please post. Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 7, 2005 #2
    Please move this, I realize i posted it in the wrong spot. Sorry! My first post!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?