Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electromagnetic radiation

1. Jun 20, 2008 #1
    does the electromagnetic spectrum limited?
    whate is the theorical answers for limitation of the spectrum?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 20, 2008 #2
    In a sense I'd say it is on the lower end because i'd say the lowest achievable frequency is that which originates from the blackbody radiation at absolute zero. As for the upper limit I see no reason why there should be a limit.
  4. Jun 21, 2008 #3

Andy Resnick

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

The lowest frequency is given by the size of the universe- 1/2 a wavelength is the size of the universe- and the highest frequency is given by v = E/h, where E is the Planck energy:

frequencies higher than that can't be reasonably explained by current physical theory.
  5. Jul 10, 2008 #4
    Can electromagnetic energy be pushed into a home as a weapon? Like a bolt of electricity using a linear amplifier. Would it be similiar to the ADT or ADS weapon systems used by law enforcement or the military? I've been attacked with something here in Long Beach, Ca and its a shockwave with electricity.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?