Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electromagnetic spectrum

1. Jul 9, 2013 #1
    Hi,

I would like to do more studies and research in electromagnetic spectrum. And I am interested very much in these waves and it's interaction with human or living things or matter. So please provide me with the information about what kind of courses I should take. I will complete my post graduation in physics this 2014 march. Can I do research in these areas? Please guide me.

Thank You!!

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 9, 2013 #2

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

The EM spectrum is very wide ... and so are the effect. "Living things" is a very broad range too.
    Therefore you will almost certainly have to narrow your interests at some stage. Since you are a senior undergrad next year, you should know this right?

The field would most likely be medicine, or biophysics related.
    The information you are after will be included as part of a broader subject.

Post-grad research on the effects of EM radiation on living things can be done - you will have to ask at your grad school. You shuld realize that a very large amount of work has already been done - you should have a look around.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook