1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electromagnetic wave:Can an oscillater observer receive energy from oscillater charg?

1. Mar 21, 2012 #1
    Hi all

let suppose a charge is in oscillating (e.g antenna),it broadcast wave,and also suppose an observer oscillate , so the observer had saw the charge in fixed distance so we have not magnetic field.

what we could say about the energy that the observer recived?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 22, 2012 #2
    Re: Electromagnetic wave:Can an oscillater observer receive energy from oscillater ch

The oscillating charge will still radiate.

4. Mar 24, 2012 #3
    Re: Electromagnetic wave:Can an oscillater observer receive energy from oscillater ch

Thanks
    But I could not understand your sentence,
    finally the observer will see the wave or not?

5. Mar 24, 2012 #4

That observer will still see an oscillating E field. But we need to be careful E and B fields in accelerated reference frames. And don't take anything i say to literally

6. Mar 26, 2012 #5

I also don't understand;Whay should "That observer will still see an oscillating E field ?" when the charge and Observer are in a constant distance?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook