1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electromagnetic Waves

1. Oct 11, 2005 #1
    A plane electromagnetic wave is incident from a higher index medium on a lower index medium at an angle that is greater than the critical angle.
    a) For the case of s polarized electric field, obtain an expression for the complex transmitted electric field vector, (E).
    b) For the case of s polarized electric field, obtain an expression for the complex transmitted magnetic field vector, (H).

For this, could I just say that E = Eo e^i(kr-wt) and H = Ho e^i(kr-wt) or do I have to do something with the expression?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 11, 2005 #2

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You need to start by carefully reading this section in your book and then making an attempt at the problem. It's clear that you haven't done that, or else you wouldn't ask the question that you asked. We're happy to help, but no one here has time to teach you from scratch.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?