1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electromagnetics problem

1. Jun 5, 2005 #1
    Hello. I am an electrical engineer who is trying to improve my skills in several areas, one of which is electromagnetics.

I am using the book by David Cheng "Fundamentals in Engineering Electromagnetics" and doing some problems in that book.

I am having trouble with a problem in chapter 6.8 anyway here is the problem...

6.8) Calculations concerning the electromagnetic effect of currents in a good conductor usually neglect the displacement current even at microwave frequencies.

a) Assuming Er=1 and tau=5.70 x 10^7 (S/m) for copper, compare the magnitude of the displacement current density with that of the conduction current density at 100(GHZ)
    b) Write the governing differential equation for magnetic field intensity H in a source-free good conductor.

can someone help me with a worked solution, i am just stuck and dont know exactly what to do. thx!
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted