Electromagnetism Charged Sphere Q.

In summary, the conversation is about deriving quantities for a basic charged sphere, including infinitesimal charge, total charge, and electric field. The process involves equating dQ' to the surface area of a shell multiplied by the charge density, integrating over a range of r' for Q, and using the equation for electric field magnitude to find E. Feedback and help are also requested for the next part of the problem.
Sekonda
Hey,

I have a series of questions on a basic charged sphere and deriving quantities such as the infinitesimal charge, the total charge and the electric field. The question is part (b) in the image below:

Electromagnetism.png

So I found [tex]dQ'[/tex] by equating it to the surface area of a shell at a distance [tex]r'[/tex] multiplied by the corresponding charge density to attain:

[tex]dQ'=\frac{4\pi \rho _{0}r'^6dr'}{R^4}[/tex]

Is this right?

And then for the next part I just integrated over r' for some r'<R to attain:

[tex]Q=\frac{4\pi\rho _{0}r'^7}{7R^4}[/tex]

and then the last part I wish to query is my electric field magnitude, which I attained from equating the product of the electric field and area of some shell at distance r' to the charge divided by the permitivitty of free space to attain:

[tex]E=\frac{\rho _{0}r'^5}{7R^4\epsilon _{0}}[/tex]

Is this right?

Thanks guys!
Any feedback appreciated,
SK

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh and provided I've done the above correct, how would I go about answering the next part? It's below:

Electromagnetism2.png

Thanks for any help!
SK

1. What is an electromagnetism charged sphere?

An electromagnetism charged sphere is a spherical object that has an electrical charge. This charge is created by an excess or deficiency of electrons on the surface of the sphere, resulting in an electric field around the sphere.

2. How does an electromagnetism charged sphere work?

An electromagnetism charged sphere works by creating an electric field around itself. This electric field is created when there is an imbalance of positive and negative charges on the surface of the sphere. The strength of the electric field is determined by the amount of charge on the sphere and the distance from the sphere.

3. What is the relationship between an electromagnetism charged sphere and magnetism?

An electromagnetism charged sphere and magnetism are closely related. When an electric current flows through a wire, it creates a magnetic field. This same principle applies to a charged sphere. The electric field around the sphere can induce a magnetic field, making the sphere act as a magnet.

4. What are some practical applications of an electromagnetism charged sphere?

Electromagnetism charged spheres have several practical applications. One common use is in generators, where a rotating charged sphere induces an electric current. They are also used in particle accelerators, where charged spheres are used to accelerate particles to high speeds. Additionally, charged spheres are used in electronic devices such as capacitors and cathode ray tubes.

5. How can an electromagnetism charged sphere be neutralized?

An electromagnetism charged sphere can be neutralized by bringing it into contact with a material with the opposite charge. This causes the excess charges on the sphere to transfer to the other material, resulting in a neutral sphere. Another way to neutralize a charged sphere is by grounding it, which means connecting it to a large conducting object that can absorb the excess charges.