1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electromagnetism Question?

1. Dec 26, 2008 #1
    Hi I have tried the question below. However I am failing at the first hurdle part a! Some help and advice would certaintly be appretiated. Thanks

Taking a simple model of the hydrogen atom as an electron rotating around the nucleus in a circle or radius 0.53ee-10m at a frequency of 0.66ee16Hz, estimate:

a) The look current,

b) The magnitude of the dipole-moment of the loop,

c) The magnitude and ridection of the magnetic field at a distance of 2ee-9m, from the center of the loop.

For part (a) I tried using the formula: I = NevA, however this gave me an answer which was many orders of magnitude wrong lol.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 26, 2008 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The loop current is just the rate at which charge is a passing a point in the loop. The electron passes every point 0.66E16 times per second. How much current is that? I don't know what the formula I=NevA is referring to.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?