Electron capture is on of the processes for radioactive decay.
When a nucleus is deexcited, it releases photon-energy. During deexcitation the electron close to nucleus (i.e. usually s-shell) penetrated into the nucleus.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving