Electron charge in 1Kg of H2O

In summary, to find the total electron charge in 1 kg of H2O, one would need to first determine the number of electrons in one molecule of water, which is equal to the number of protons. This can then be multiplied by the number of molecules in one kilogram of water, which can be calculated using Avogadro's number and the concept of moles.
joej
what is the total electron change in 1 kg of H2O?

well I know I can solve this one by myself but that would take me some hours to figure out what to do so it's probably less cluttering and memorizing wrong things if I post it here

I know an electron has a charge of -1.6x10^-19C
I know an H2O molecule is neutral, so has the same number of electrons and protons

what I don't know is how to figure out how many electrons there are in 1kg of H2O, or if I even need to know that.

Physics news on Phys.org
^^ bump

anyone?

Find the number of electrons in one molecule of water. Then calculate the number of molecules in one kilogram of water using Avogadro number and mole concept.

What is the electron charge in 1kg of H2O?

The electron charge in 1kg of H2O is approximately 1.602 x 10^-19 coulombs. This value is constant and is known as the elementary charge.

How does the electron charge in 1kg of H2O affect its properties?

The electron charge in 1kg of H2O plays a crucial role in determining the chemical and physical properties of water. It allows water to form hydrogen bonds, which gives it a high boiling point and surface tension. These properties make water essential for life on Earth.

What is the relationship between the electron charge and the overall charge of 1kg of H2O?

The overall charge of 1kg of H2O is neutral, meaning it has an equal number of positively charged protons and negatively charged electrons. The electron charge in 1kg of H2O contributes to this overall neutral charge.

Can the electron charge in 1kg of H2O be changed?

The electron charge in 1kg of H2O cannot be changed as it is a fundamental property of electrons. However, the number of electrons in 1kg of H2O can vary depending on the ionization or dissociation of water molecules.

How is the electron charge in 1kg of H2O measured?

The electron charge in 1kg of H2O is measured using a device called an electrometer. This instrument can detect and measure the flow of electric charge, allowing for the precise measurement of electron charge in a given sample of water.