1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electronic quenching!

1. Mar 14, 2009 #1
    Dear friends,

Plz. tell me about 'Electronic quenching' in Geiger Muller tubes.Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 14, 2009 #2

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

4. Mar 14, 2009 #3
    The Geiger tube has a resistor (~ 10 meg) in series with it. It is in essence a charge amplifier tube because a small ionization charge gets amplified. When ionization occurs (cosmic ray) and creates an avalanch, (charge multiplication) occurs, the tube draws a lot of current, and the voltage across the resistor increases. This causes the tube voltage to drop a lot, stops the avalanch, and gives the ions in the gas time to recombine. The current in the tube stops, and the voltage rises again.

5. Mar 26, 2009 #4
    Can anyone help me ? I need to build logic gates inside analog circuit . Such case i need to get analog output , such case i need digital output . How to build analog and digital together in one circuit ? I need to use Logic gates with Opamp and control LEDs . Help me if u know it .. thanks !

6. Mar 27, 2009 #5

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

why not start a new thread???

7. Mar 27, 2009 #6
    what do u mean by a new thread ?

8. Mar 27, 2009 #7

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

This thread already have a question and some answers to it. If you have a new question, start a new thread. Don't you know how forum works?

9. Mar 27, 2009 #8
    I'm sorry .. this is the first time i use forum !

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook