Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electronic quenching!

1. Mar 14, 2009 #1
    Dear friends,

Plz. tell me about 'Electronic quenching' in Geiger Muller tubes.Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 14, 2009 #2

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

4. Mar 14, 2009 #3
    The Geiger tube has a resistor (~ 10 meg) in series with it. It is in essence a charge amplifier tube because a small ionization charge gets amplified. When ionization occurs (cosmic ray) and creates an avalanch, (charge multiplication) occurs, the tube draws a lot of current, and the voltage across the resistor increases. This causes the tube voltage to drop a lot, stops the avalanch, and gives the ions in the gas time to recombine. The current in the tube stops, and the voltage rises again.

5. Mar 26, 2009 #4
    Can anyone help me ? I need to build logic gates inside analog circuit . Such case i need to get analog output , such case i need digital output . How to build analog and digital together in one circuit ? I need to use Logic gates with Opamp and control LEDs . Help me if u know it .. thanks !

6. Mar 27, 2009 #5

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

why not start a new thread???

7. Mar 27, 2009 #6
    what do u mean by a new thread ?

8. Mar 27, 2009 #7

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

This thread already have a question and some answers to it. If you have a new question, start a new thread. Don't you know how forum works?

9. Mar 27, 2009 #8
    I'm sorry .. this is the first time i use forum !

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook