1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electronics book

1. Sep 18, 2009 #1
    I was originally going to take some electrical engineering courses along with my aerospace but have decided to just pursue it as a self study instead. I really just want to be able to do things at the hobby level. Could you recommend a good book or several books that would help get me started? Thanks, I appreciate it.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 18, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

The Art of Electronics, by Horowitz and Hill. It's a good book for self study, and takes you from very basic concepts up through microcontrollers and analog circuits.

https://www.amazon.com/Art-Electron...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1253307225&sr=8-1

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  4. Sep 18, 2009 #3
    I'll second Horowitz and Hill, unless you've never done anything with circuits before. It's (arguably) not a complete beginners book, but if you do know the basics it's, as berkeman said, a very good book.

5. Oct 12, 2009 #4
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook