Retired Electronics Engineer: A Journey of Experience and Expertise

• Thread starter Manolis
  • Start date
In summary, a retired electronics engineer has a wealth of experience and expertise in the field of electronics. They have spent years honing their skills and knowledge, working on various projects and tackling complex problems. Through their journey, they have gained a deep understanding of the inner workings of electronic devices and systems, as well as the ability to troubleshoot and find solutions to technical issues. Their expertise is highly valued and sought after in the industry, making them a valuable asset to any team. With retirement, they may choose to pass on their knowledge and mentor the next generation of engineers or continue to stay updated on the latest advancements in technology. Overall, a retired electronics engineer's journey is one of continuous learning and growth, leaving a lasting impact on the field
Manolis
I'm a 65 year old electronics engineer with practical (office & factory) experience. I've designed circuits & PCBs & equipment housings for optimum cooling. I've run a reliability testing lab. I've been a Technical Manager & QA Manager and I've run my own business. I started electronics at age ten. Now I'm "retired" and mess with electronics as a hobby.

I hasten to add that I'm hopeless at theory and have no interest in mathematics. My designs tend to be "empirical" so I'll probably be asking for help here! However, I do have a lot of practical experience to offer and I'm a "lateral thinker": I can often see a fault cause or solution that others might not spot.

I'm also a technical writer and editor.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF! :smile:

Likes Manolis