1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electronics question test

1. Mar 7, 2010 #1
    It says using diodes, resistors, and zener diodes only, design a circuit whose output remains zero for vin<3.6V, but equals vin minus a drop of 3.6V for vin>3.6V. and the circuit has to work when the input voltages are below 0 as well as above 0. and help is appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 7, 2010 #2
    Ok. So what have you got so far? That's the problem you were given, but we're not going to do your homework FOR you. What specific question do you have?

4. Mar 7, 2010 #3
    I have just been thinking what i can do, I have thought that maybe having Vin and next to Vin connecting a pn junction diode so that any point before the turn on voltage, Vout would equal 0. (trying to get the idea from the half wave rectifier.)

but dont know how to get the 3.6 value as my point of change. I dont know if i am going in the right direction

5. Mar 9, 2010 #4
    From what you are writing, it sounds like you need to read some more about zeners.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook