Select the answers which complete the statements below (e.g., if answer A completes the first statement, and answer B the others, enter ABBBB).
A) positive B) negative C) neutral D) cannot tell
- A positive point charge is brought near the outside surface of a neutral conducting sphere and released. The initial position of the point charge is on the positive x axis and the sphere is centred on the origin. The point charge moves in the ____ x direction. (If the point charge does not move, select answer C.)
- A positively charged glass rod attracts an object suspended by a non-conducting thread. The charge on the object is ____ .
- Two neutral metal spheres are mounted on insulating supports. They are connected by a wire. A positively charged glass rod is brought near sphere 1. The wire connecting the spheres is removed and the charged rod is then taken away. Now the charge on sphere 2 is ____ .
- A positively charged ball is brought close to a neutral isolated conductor. The conductor is then grounded, while the ball is kept close. If the ground connection is first removed and then the ball is taken away, the conductor has a ____ charge.
- A positively charged glass rod repels an object suspended by a non-conducting thread. The charge on the object is ____
The Attempt at a Solution
I thought I understood the intuition behind this but I can't seem to get it right. A classmate also could not figure it out, I've already tried CBACA & CBABA.