1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electrostatics lab report question

1. Jan 24, 2006 #1
    Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could give me any input on this question over an electrostatics lab I recently did. The part I'm not sure about was a section where we sampled the charges of several different wands by placing them into a Faraday ice pail connected to an electrometer. The first portion of it were were to rub two wands together (that we had grounded to remove any charge) and then insert them individually into the ice pail to measure the magnitude and polarity of the charge on each one. The second part was to ground each wand, then insert them into the pail together, then to rub them together and sample the charge by removing each one. Now, when I did this I didn't notice a difference in magnitude or polarity of charge on either wand using the two techniques. However, the way the question in my lab is worded leads me to believe that I should have. Anyone wish to weigh in?

Thanks, Chris
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted