1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electrostatics physics question, please help by checking my answers

1. Jun 6, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

1. suppose that your calculator requires .20mA to operate and will be on for 20min while you solve this problem. What quantity of charge will flow during this time? I got 2.4x10^ -2

2. If the potential difference across the nerve of a frog is 85mV and its resistance is 2.5 x10^ 2 ohms. What change in resistance would result if the radius of a wire were doubled?
    I got 0.6 x 10^ 2 Ohms.

3. A parallel combination of three identical resistors has a total resistance of 12 ohms. What is the resistance of each resistor? i got 4 ohms

4. 2 resistors are connected in parallel. The total resistance of the combination is known to be 6 ohms. If one of the resistors is 10 ohms, what is the value of the other? I got 15 ohms

5. A person connects a 6.0 v battery in series with a 10 ohms resistor and two 10 ohms resistors connected in parallel. In a second circuit, the person connects an identical 6 V battery to two 10 ohms resistor connected in series. Calculate the current in the first and second circuits?
    I dont know how to do this one at all

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 6, 2010 #2
    Can you show the equations you used for these? And your math?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook