Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electroweak Force Equation

1. Jun 10, 2015 #1
    I am currently working on presenting a poster for my science project on the Electroweak Force and I wanted to show on my poster the full equation. I read the Wikipedia page on the Electroweak Force and found the equation, but I'm not sure how to represent it fully.

Can someone please help me by either writing it out or instructing me on how I can write out the full equation?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroweak_interaction

Thank you!

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 10, 2015 #2
    Okay, Electroweak theory is complicated stuff. My instructions are to first use Wikipedia and what it wrote out for you. It in the beginning puts down notation for the terms in terms of subscripts under the lagrangian. Write out that equation. Then make space for the different parts like so
    1=
    2=
    Now 1, and 2 mean part 1, and 2. Then skim down the page and copy the equations for the different parts. Then substitute them into the general equation at the beginning of the article. That equation is the central equation of electroweak theory. The equation you have written down is the lagrangian which when applied to the Euler Lagrange equations gives the interactions, and equations of motion. The lagrangian is the recipe.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook