1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Eletricity, question from Brazil

1. Feb 13, 2010 #1
    Hello, I'm with a doubt, and my teacher don't know how to solve, I translated this question to English so it can have some mistakes, please help me!

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    (ITA) In a laboratory experiment, electrons are emitted by a metal filament F with virtually no initial velocity and are accelerated through the region I by a potential difference U1 25 × 10 ³ V, applied between F and the perforated plate P. They emerge from the hole of the plate with horizontal velocity and penetrate the region II, where they are forced to cross the uniform electric field of a capacitor whose plates are 5.0 cm long and are separated by a distance d = 0.50 cm as shown. What is the maximum value of U2 ddp between the plates of the capacitor that still allows some electrons reach the region III, where there is electric field?
    Is given the figure:
    http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9923/fisita.jpg [Broken]
    Answer = 10 V ³

2. Relevant equations
    How can I find the tension? Using T=q.U

3. The attempt at a solution
    Trying to decompound the vectors but didn't work

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted