Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Elevator fun

1. Jan 29, 2004 #1
    Anyone ever see those lists of funny things to do in an elevator? Well, lets make one. A friend and I came up with a bunch:

Pretend to be alseep leaning against the button pannel.

Offer everyone on the elevator sailor hats and name tags. ask them to call you Captain, and push the buttons for them.

Say in an evil voice, "I must find a more suitable host body."

Stand very close to someone unnecessarily, and breath loudly.

Stand in front of door, facing everyone with a stone faced expression.

Do the last one, only stare at one person in particular.

If in a hospital, walk on with a cooler with ductape around the top labeled, "human head."

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 29, 2004 #2

jimmy p

Gold Member

how bout stand as the button presser, but press the wrong buttons

or if you want to be real unpopular, tread in dog turds before going into a packed elevator..

If it is really packed, go into a state of panic because you are 'claustrophobic'...lol stir up a real screamer!!

4. Jan 29, 2004 #3
    hum the theme song to the movie, "speed."

Stare at someone for a few seconds so that they are aware of it, then say, "I've got new socks on."

5. Jan 29, 2004 #4

jimmy p

Gold Member

lol, or Love in an Elevator by Aerosmith. Even better, whistle loud and tunelessly. Or blow your nose loudly n snottily, and offer to show people the contents

6. Jan 29, 2004 #5

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Back in college we used to wedge the study lounge couches into the elevators, lean them up against the inside of the door, and wait for someone to call the elevator. You'd hear a nice loud *thud* when the couch fell out in the middle of the lobby downstairs.

- Warren

7. Jan 29, 2004 #6
    lol, chroot

Whitsle the first 7 notes to, "Its a Small World."

8. Jan 29, 2004 #7

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Works best in an elevator with one or two people in it when you enter:

Walk in, look at the people, walk into a back corner and stand facing it. Drives people nuts.

Extra credit: feign Terrets [sp?] syndrome while in said position.

9. Jan 29, 2004 #8

Tsu

Gold Member

Tourette's - that'd be hysterical!!

10. Jan 29, 2004 #9
    Do Tai Chi exercises.

11. Jan 29, 2004 #10
    1. Press every single button before leaving it at the ground floor. It works well if the elevator has to stop at more than 15 floors.

2. This one works well with only one people in it. Walk inside and stare at that person, then leave the elevator. Just before the lift door closes, press the door open and jump inside.

3. Jump up and down in an elevator.

12. Jan 29, 2004 #11
    When there are a few people on: Go up to one person with a surprised look and call them George(or some other name), say "long time no see," and offer them a hug and high five.

13. Jan 30, 2004 #12

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Announce that this is your first day as an elevator repairman and that you just repaired this unit. Then keep mumbling something about left over parts.

14. Jan 30, 2004 #13
    This one's hysterical! Ever any injuries? I can't imagine the surprise of starting into an elevator as the doors begin to open, only to have a couch clunk down in front of you.

15. Jan 30, 2004 #14

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How about...

1) Bring a pillow and wait to be alone in the elevator. Lie down on your back using the pillow as a headrest. Wait for someone to enter. Snore lightly and intersperse bizarre mumbling sleep-talk dialogue such as "No, I need the ocelot. Please..."

2) Wear an elevator attendent-looking suit. When someone enters, offer to press the button of their floor for them. Afterwards, hold out your hand as if expecting a tip.

3) If you are a guy, stand facing the corner and then unzip your pants loudly as if you are about to urinate. Hum or whistle softly to yourself.

4) Bring a huge box into the elevator, place it right in front of the door and hide behind it. Wait for someone to call the elevator. If they push it out of the way, push back it back before they can enter. Repeat as necessary.

5) Stand in an elevator and read Hamlet from start to finish as people enter and exit. Use an exaggerated English accent and flamboyant gestures.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2004
  16. Jan 30, 2004 #15

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

lol, you guys are weird..

17. Jan 30, 2004 #16

Njorl

Science Advisor

Bring a small spring scale and weight. Show everyone how the weight changes as the elevator accelerates. Describe why this happens, at length - at EXTREME length. Verbally chastise people who are not paying attention. Distribute business cards with only "physicsforums.com" printed on them.

Njorl

18. Jan 30, 2004 #17

Tsu

Gold Member

That's...BRILLIANT!!

19. Jan 30, 2004 #18

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

6) Stay in the elevator until you are in a situation where several people are already in the elevator with you, when a new person comes on board. Look at this person and begin to laugh uncontrollably.

7) If someone comes into the elevator with a dog, bark at it loudly and vigorously.

8) Walk into an occupied elevator carrying a Japanese screen divider. Proceed to the corner and place the divider between you and the occupants. Remain behind the divider until you arrive at your floor. Exit and take your divider with you. Appear stoic and do not say a word the entire time.

9) Bring a chemistry kit into an elevator and conduct an experiment involving bunsen burners as people enter and exit. Wear a lab coat.

10) Bring a vat of dry ice into an elevator and place a partially transparent blue cloth over the lights. Place a radio in the corner which softly plays ambient New Age music. Sit in the center in a yoga position, eyes closed and concentrating. Wait for people to enter.

20. Jan 30, 2004 #19
    From my art school days, one of my classmates got on a crowded elevator with his friend and said, "Now I know how a sardine feels."

His friend replied, "You know how it smells too." Broke up everyone on board.

Some other ideas:

Mutter to yourself but as if talking to someone invisible there, "No, I don't want to kill them all."

When you're alone in the elevator with one other person say, "I'm afraid of confined spaces, will you hold me until I get to my floor?"

When the doors open to let you in, look at the elevator with surprize and say, "Wow, I didn't think they would ever get this one working again after it's cable broke and it fell from the top last week."

Cough a few times and say, "Flesh eating virus indeed! All those doctors are quacks!"

21. Jan 30, 2004 #20

LURCH

Science Advisor

Several friends on different floors announce their names and destinations as they board;

"Hi I'm Brian, I'll be going to the fourth floor."
    [Elevator stops at second floor, doors open, and there we meet...]
    "Kevin; Lobby"etc.

Makes people wonder if they were supposed to.
    [?]

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?