1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Emachines computers

1. Apr 24, 2006 #1
    I am new to the physics forums and this is my first post and it is sorta scary but hey.

I am looking at an emachines computer to buy. I like the look of it, it is well priced and seems to have possibilities to upgrade in the future. The one hangup is that i read on an online review that you have to use the keyboard and mouse that came with it. I was wondering if there is any way around this and why this might be. (any input on a brand/ model of computer would be helpful.)

here is a link it may be of some use to people who know what they are talking about.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 24, 2006 #2

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

kmbop53, welcome to physics forums.

I don't know what type of reviews you've read, but they don't restrict which keyboard/mouse you can use.

4. Apr 24, 2006 #3
    oh, thanks.ya it did seem weird. it was gunna be a deal breaker for me becuase i would definitly like to get a different keyboard than the one that they supply.

5. Apr 25, 2006 #4
    E-machine IS gateway they bought the corp a few years ago
    and use E as their cheap line

minus for cheaper M/B and lower end power supplys
    so overclocking is out and adding a vidio card requires a new bigger power supply
    but most mass market boxes are about the same deal

6. May 27, 2006 #5
    E-machines = garbage. I would not touch it with a 100 parsec pole :)

If you don't have the time for an own build, Dell is a LOT better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?