Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Emachines computers

1. Apr 24, 2006 #1
    I am new to the physics forums and this is my first post and it is sorta scary but hey.

I am looking at an emachines computer to buy. I like the look of it, it is well priced and seems to have possibilities to upgrade in the future. The one hangup is that i read on an online review that you have to use the keyboard and mouse that came with it. I was wondering if there is any way around this and why this might be. (any input on a brand/ model of computer would be helpful.)

here is a link it may be of some use to people who know what they are talking about.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 24, 2006 #2

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

kmbop53, welcome to physics forums.

I don't know what type of reviews you've read, but they don't restrict which keyboard/mouse you can use.

4. Apr 24, 2006 #3
    oh, thanks.ya it did seem weird. it was gunna be a deal breaker for me becuase i would definitly like to get a different keyboard than the one that they supply.

5. Apr 25, 2006 #4
    E-machine IS gateway they bought the corp a few years ago
    and use E as their cheap line

minus for cheaper M/B and lower end power supplys
    so overclocking is out and adding a vidio card requires a new bigger power supply
    but most mass market boxes are about the same deal

6. May 27, 2006 #5
    E-machines = garbage. I would not touch it with a 100 parsec pole :)

If you don't have the time for an own build, Dell is a LOT better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?